Saturday, July 18, 2015

Review: Yadah Auto Lip Crayon


Hello Ladies! I have this insane obsession over lip products. I'm constantly on a buying rampage for lipsticks, lip glosses, lip tints, balms... you name it.

I have dry lips, which is why I am always on the search for good, moisturizing lipsticks which will give my lips a smoother appearance.

Today's review is on Yadah Auto Lip Crayon. I got these in two shades: Tangerine Orange and Cotton Candy.

Let's take a look...


Description

Yadah is one of my favorite Korean brands because they produce hypoallergenic and low-chemical plant-derived skin care and makeup products. A lot of their makeup products are paraben-free.

Yadah Auto Lip Crayon gives you a rich color with a soft-matte finish. It is long-wearing, lightweight and contains macadamia seed oil to moisturize and soothe lips.

Here is the link to their lips makeup page.


Ingredients

These are the main ingredients: Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil.

I do not have the full list of ingredients as it isn't stated on the website, and the back of the box is written entirely in Korean.

This lip crayon does not contain parabens.


Price

RM 56.60 / twin pack of 2 colors from Hermo


Packaging

Yadah Auto Lip Crayons are designed to look like crayon pencils :) Each lip crayon is packed in a black triangular box.




They've got a transparent plastic cap on one end. On the opposite end, you'll see that it is colored according to the shade of the lipstick. These lip crayons are retractable by twisting the plastic colored tips.

I really like the packaging of the product. I like how I'm able to know which shade I'm picking just by looking at the colored tips. Doesn't it get frustrating when lipstick cases are made of the same color, and you have to refer to the color code on the label underneath each time?


Review

Let's take a look at the swatches first!



I applied lip balm before doing these swatches. Lip balms are a must for me anyway, I've got dry lips and the lines are pretty obvious as you can see.





I'm amazed by how pigmented the Tangerine Orange shade is. It has a really good color payoff and it is very noticeable on my lips. It is bright, bold and 100% orange!

On the other hand, the Cotton Candy shade isn't as noticeable. Based on how it appeared on the lip crayon, I was expecting it to be more vibrant. However, the color turned out to be a light, muted pink. This shade is still very pretty and sweet. It is a shade which I would pick more often to wear for work.

I only applied one layer in the pictures above. The colors are definitely buildable, so apply more layers if you want more color. Tangerine Orange has a slightly glossy finish, whereas Cotton Candy has a soft-matte finish.

Texture:
Tangerine Orange feels slicker and glossier compared to Cotton Candy. Overall, these lipsticks are non-sticky and extremely lightweight. It's moisturizing and doesn't dry out my lips. One layer is sufficient to get the shade and color I want, so it never feels thick at all.

Finish:
Because of the soft-matte finish Cotton Candy has, it tends to accentuate the lines and cracks on my lips. I have to be really careful when applying it, and I would only use it on "good lip days" when my lips are not super dry. Tangerine Orange is definitely better due to it having a slightly glossy finish.

Lasting Power:
These lip crayons last for half a day without eating or drinking. It still lasts pretty long even when you drink, so don't worry about it too much. The color fades off when you eat, but it leaves a stain behind so your lips still have a subtle wash of color.


Pros

  • Does not contain parabens
  • Pigmented with good color payoff
  • Moisturizing, lightweight and non-sticky
  • Glides on easily for application
  • Tangerine Orange hides my dry lip lines
  • Gorgeous colors
  • Long lasting


Cons


  • Wish they came out with more shades
  • Cotton Candy slightly accentuates my lip lines


Final Verdict

All in all, I really love the Yadah Auto Lip Crayon. I would definitely repurchase these two shades when they run out. In fact, I might even get more shades right now. Although Cotton Candy accentuates my lip lines, it has such a beautiful color! I'll just have to put more effort into exfoliating my lips regularly.

Tangerine Orange is gorgeous. I like this more than Cotton Candy. The texture is perfect for my dry lips. I love how bright and bold the orange shade is. It really gives a whole new dimension to your overall look. Here is a picture of me wearing Tangerine Orange :)


My skin tone is NC 25 (MAC) and both these lip colors look equally good!

- Crystal






No comments:

Post a Comment