Sunday, May 31, 2015

Review: Missha Super Aqua Pore Correcting Blackhead Melting Oil Gel

Blackheads and whiteheads are one of the annoying things we all have to go through in life.

I do not suffer from much blackheads myself. It is all mostly whiteheads in the skin around my nose - I suppose I am lucky in a sense, but still, its a problem I've been battling for years.

This leads me to my review on Missha Pore Correcting Blackhead Melting Oil Gel. I have had such positive results with this product and I am so excited to share this with you peeps!



Description

Super Aqua pore care line helps treat various skin troubles like excessive sebum, impurities, dead skin cells, blackheads/whiteheads, and large pores. 


The soft silicon brush helps open pores clogged with dead skin cells and blackheads/whiteheads to create clean, smooth skin.




Ingredients

Glycerin, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water(Aqua), Fomes Officinails (Mushroom) Extract, Salix Nigra(Willow) Bark Extract, Hamamilis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Saccharomyces Ferment, Sea Silt Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, VP/Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Sesame Protein PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Calcium Carbonate, Butyl Avocadate, Hexylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Lecithin, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Sarcosine, Propyl Gallate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance(Parfum)

Phew! What a long list of ingredients.

Here is the ingredient analysis on cosDNA - everything is rated safe. To those who are allergic to products containing alcohol, do take note on the ingredient Triethanolamine, which is an alcohol base used as a pH neutralizer. I am not allergic to products containing alcohol, so I did not experience any breakouts.

It does not contain any parabens.

Here is the Missha website link of the product


Price

RM 82.00 / 20ml
(I bought it from Korea for 14,800 won - approx. RM 48.00)


Packaging

The product is contained in a hard, durable plastic bottle which comes with a transparent cap. It is very handy and slim. Upon removing the cap, you'll notice that the nozzle is made of a soft silicon brush pad.





You can't squeeze the bottle as it is made of hard plastic. To get the product out, press the little button located at the side of the upper bottle. One press/click gives me enough product to cover my nose and cheeks.


Review

Missha Super Aqua Pore Correcting Blackhead Melting Oil Gel is made of a thick, clear gel. It has a fresh and light sweet scent. I am not a big fan of fragrance, but this isn't too overwhelming.



I apply the product onto my nose and cheeks by moving the silicon brush pad in tiny circular motions. I do this to ensure the gel gets deep into my pores. The brush bristles are really soft, so isn't abrasive at all.

Upon applying the product, you'll notice a warm sensation on your skin. Its a menthol-warm feeling, the kind of feeling you get from rubbing Vicks under your nose. Nothing too bad though. I suppose this is how the product works by melting blackheads, whiteheads and sebum in your pores.

I apply this after cleansing my face, twice a week. I take about 1 minute to massage my nose and cheeks using the brush pad, then I leave it on for another 2 minutes before washing it off with water. I follow up with a Facial Treatment Essence, toner, and the rest of my skincare routine after that.




Before (top) and After (bottom) pictures.

I am so amazed by the results every single time. This product has been so successful at clearing the whiteheads on my nose. I can always definitely notice a 50% removal of whiteheads! Too bad the pictures are unable to fully capture the results :(


Pros

  • Durable plastic bottle and no leakage of product
  • Brush pad made of soft silicon bristles
  • Very effective at removing blackheads & whiteheads
  • Noticeable results after just one use
  • No parabens

Cons

  • Contains fragrance
  • No visible reduction of pore size


Repurchase

OMG Definitely Yes! Been using this consistently twice a week, for the past one month. I have not noticed any reduction in pore size. I doubt this product is an effective astringent. However, the whiteheads removal effect is amazing! It blows my mind every single time! Missha Super Aqua Pore Correcting Blackhead Melting Oil Gel is so effective at removing blackheads and whiteheads. The results are noticeable after just one use!

- Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment