Thursday, May 14, 2015

Review: Skin Food Rice Mask (Wash Off)

Rice has amazing skin benefits, and Japanese ladies have known this for centuries. Rice beauty products are usually very gentle and is suitable for all skin types. Rice is excellent for skin brightening, skin lightening and it also helps in reducing pore size.

This is a review on Skin Food Rice Mask (Wash Off) and it is one of Skin Food's bestselling products.


Description

A wash-off mask containing rice extract that moisturizes skin and brightens tone. With its texture of ground rice, it leaves skin bright, soft and lustrous.



Ingredients

Here is the ingredient analysis on cosDNA
Most of the ingredients are rated as safe, except for Triethanol Amine, which is an alkaline substance and might cause allergies for some people.


Price

KRW 5,900.00 (roughly RM 19.00)


Packaging

Skin Food Rice Mask comes in a white tub, with a simple brown label on the cover. Upon removing the cover, you'll see a white lid protecting the content. I like to keep the white lid on as it prevents the mask from ever smearing onto the cover.




Review

The first thing I noticed about this mask was that it did not have a smooth texture. It contains bits of crushed rice grains. The mask has a very subtle, sweet fragrance and it reminds me so much of a rice pudding dessert.


I use the Skin Food Rice Mask once a week, after my foam cleansing step. While applying the mask, I like to give my face a massage using circular motions with my fingers. The crushed rice grains act as a gentle skin exfoliant. It doesn't feel harsh at all, it feels incredibly good.



You can see the little bits of rice in the picture above. It kinda feels like applying porridge onto your face :)

I leave the mask on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off. My skin feels super smooth and moisturized after that. My skin was visibly brighter after using this mask, but the effect was only temporary.


Pros


  • Smells really yummy
  • Gentle exfoliation from crushed rice grains
  • My skin felt smoother and more moisturized
  • Skin was visibly brighter
  • Cheap because I got it from Korea



Cons


  • Skin brightening effect was only temporary


Repurchase

Maybe. The Skin Food Rice Mask isn't what I would call a "must have". It is a decent wash off mask using one of my favorite ingredients, rice. The brightening effects were temporary. I bought it for a very cheap price from Korea. It definitely costs more over here in Malaysia so I would only buy it if I happen to visit Korea again. As for now, I am enjoying using this mask, but once I finish this tub, I will most likely purchase another product to try.

- Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment