Friday, May 8, 2015

Review: Sephora - Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara (Blue)

I have been searching around for the perfect blue mascara. A mascara that has a very pigmented, electric blue.

This is a review on Sephora Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara in No.04 Blue.

I'm pretty much on the fence when it comes to Sephora house brand products. Sephora lip stains are incredible, while on the other hand, Sephora eyeshadows are flaky and difficult to blend.

Lets take a look at their mascara.


Description

The first 7-in-1 mascara that creates beautiful, thick lashes in a single brush stroke. Its multi-dimensional brush separates lashes as it coats them from root to tip.



Price

RM 59.00


Packaging

The mascara comes in a seal-tight plastic wrap. The body is made of black plastic with a matte finish.


Review

Lets talk about the color. I was told that the blue would be very obvious and pigmented - but nope, its hardly noticeable when I'm indoors. Its a little more obvious under bright sun light, but even so, the color is more towards a dark navy blue. I had to apply multiple coats to see the color.



This Sephora mascara doesn't live up to its claims. I did not see any noticeable increase in the volume, curl and length of my lashes. It was also very difficult to apply the mascara onto my inner lashes.

On the plus side, this product is waterproof and smudge proof. It also does very well in separating my lashes and it doesn't clump despite me applying 3-4 coats.


Pros

  • Waterproof and smudge proof
  • Does well in separating my lashes
  • Doesn't clump

Cons


  • Blue color isn't as obvious as I'd like it to be
  • Difficult application on inner lashes
  • No noticeable increase in volume, curl and length of lashes


Repurchase

Most probably not. I would like to try other brands of colored mascaras. I would say this Sephora Full Action mascara is decent, but not great. If you are looking for a mascara with basic properties of being waterproof and smudge proof, then yes, this product would fit the bill. If you are looking for a mascara with special functions such as curling and lengthening, no, this mascara will not be suited for you.

- Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment